Creating a New Industry
With sanitizing the building once a month, you get a building that is relatively free of germs until the students come in the next day, but then it starts and continues to get unhealthier until when it is sanitized again the next month.
The building would look just about the same after performing both sanitizing and cleaning services, but there would be a whale of a lot of difference between the two.
On a comparative basis, if we believe that the health of the students is more important than just the appearance of the building, then the value of a sanitized building would be more than twice that of just a building cleaned for appearance.
With sanitizing services, the buildings are cleaned and sanitized and then kept healthy every hour of the day. Approximately 30 times the difference!
Out sanitizing program includes so much more than just sanitizing the building one time once a year, once a month or even once a week.
Our program includes protocols which are designed to change the mindset of everyone involved including teachers, students, administration and parents. Some of those protocols include:
- Keeping germs from being walked into the buildings and especially the classrooms
- Keeping the classroom floors virtually germ free
- Keeping the student’s working surface in the classroom virtually germ free
- Keeping the student’s hands virtually germ free
- Keeping the restrooms virtually germ free
- Keeping the student’s eating surface in the cafeteria virtually germ free
- Eliminating as many touch surfaces as practical
- Sanitizing the remaining touch surfaces several times a day
- Educating the students and all the stakeholders the importance of their health and how to decrease the incidences of their illnesses
- All of these protocols are performed daily
These protocols also include making measurements with the particle counter, the ATP meter, humidistat, and sampling the IAQ as frequently as needed. It also includes completely sanitizing the entire building including the HVAC ducts, and all spaces every two or three months with a 60 to 90 day bactericide and completely sanitizing the buildings on the alternate months with a different bactericide. If needed particularly during an outbreak of the flu, norovirus, etc., we will completely sanitize as often as needed.
The important aspect of our program is it is a complete, continuous program and includes keeping the building healthy each day. It’s not just getting it healthy for a day and then letting it get worse and worse until renewing the process the following month.