The Difference Between Sanitizing Services and Custodial Services: We Are Creating a New Industry That Will Replace the Custodial/Janitorial Service Industry.
With sanitizing the building once a month, you get a building that is relatively free of germs—until the students come in the next day. But then it starts getting unhealthy and continues to get more unhealthy until a month later when it is sanitized again.
The building would look just about the same after performing both sanitizing and cleaning services, but there would be a whale of a lot of difference between the two.
On a comparative basis, if we believe that the health of the students is more important than just the appearance of the building, then the value of a sanitized building would be more than twice that of just a building cleaned for appearance.
With sanitizing services, the buildings are cleaned and sanitized and then kept healthy every hour of the day. BIG DIFFERENCE. Approximately 30 TIMES BIGGER DIFFERENCE.
Out sanitizing program includes so much more than just sanitizing the building one time once a year, once a month or even once a week.
Our program includes protocols which are designed to change the mindset of everyone involved including teachers, students, administration and parents. Some of those protocols include:
- A protocol on keeping germs from being walked into the buildings and especially the classrooms;
- A protocol for keeping the classroom floors virtually germ free;
- A protocol for keeping the student’s working surface in the classroom virtually germ free;
- A protocol for keeping the student’s hands virtually germ free;
- A protocol for keeping the restrooms virtually germ free;
- A protocol for keeping the student’s eating surface in the cafeteria virtually germ free;
- A protocol for eliminating as many touch surfaces as practical;
- A protocol for sanitizing the remaining touch surfaces several times a day
- A protocol for educating the students and all the stakeholders the importance of their health and how to decrease the incidences of their illnesses;
- All these protocols are daily protocols.
These protocols also include making measurements with the particle counter, the ATP meter, humidistat, and sampling the IAQ as frequently as needed. It also includes completely sanitizing the entire building including the HVAC ducts, and all spaces every two or three months with a 60 to 90 day bactericide and completely sanitizing the buildings on the alternate months with a different bactericide. If needed particularly during an outbreak of the flu, norovirus, etc., we will completely sanitize as often as needed.
The important aspect of our program is it is a complete, continuous program and includes KEEPING the building healthy each day. It’s not just getting it healthy for a day and then letting it start getting unhealthy the next day and more unhealthy every day after that.